Our pets are like family to us. In some cases, our pets are even closer to us. If they accidentally get out and don’t come back, it’s absolutely devastating.
Luckily, there are GPS trackers made to help you track your furry friend when they escape. However, there are a number of trackers on the market.
How do you know which one is for you? Here is a comparison between some of the best trackers on the market.
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
The Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor is made to be simple and effective. With subscriptions as low as $6.95, this small, gray tracker can tell you where your cat is at any time of the day.
Simply attach the tracker to your cat’s collar and activate the service. You’ll connect to your local Wi-Fi, and it’ll give you a notification any time your pet leaves your home.
You’ll get the notifications wherever you are right on your smartphone. You can see what your cat does all day and find their favorite hiding places with 24-hour activity reports.
If other people want to keep track, you can give co-owners access to all of the information.
- New Whistle models available: Whistle go explore and Whistle go
- Nationwide location tracking: pinpoint your pet’s location with this top-rated SMART GPS activity tracker for your pet anywhere AT&T 3g cellular service is available.
- Proactive alerts: get text, app or email notifications when your pet leaves home.
- Get health insights: monitor your pet’s daily activities and know how your pet measures up for their age, weight and breed.
- Long battery life: lasts up to 7 days! Battery life may vary depending on your pet’s activity, Wi-Fi signal strength and pet’s time spent out of Wi-Fi.
- 7-day battery life
- Health Reports
- Requires a subscription
- Only works in the US
PETFON Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee,
PETFON Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, is an adorable tracker that is perfect for any cat. There’s no subscription required to monitor your cat’s location from anywhere you can access the free online platform.
You can access this platform from any smartphone or computer. It uses both Wi-Fi and the cellular network to constantly keep track of your cat in real-time.
It’s waterproof as well in case your cat is one of the few who likes water. You can also use the device outside of the country if you like to bring your cat with you when you travel.
- 🐕NO MONTHLY FEE, ANTI-LOST RADAR SERCHING: Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet's activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning.The unique Rada serching feature can help you find the direction of the lost dogs.
- 🐕REAL-TIME & LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet's activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The tracking ranges can be up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment. But it will be effected by surarroundings.
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet's location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.
- 🐕LONG STANDBY BATTERY,LIGHT WEIGHT & RAINPROOF: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, Weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker's battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕Different from Petfon1, Petfon2 is blue rather than grey, and it is sturdier and more dirt resistant. Petfon2 firmware and software have been optimized so it is more sensitive & stable. The tracking distance is 15% further and the initial positioning time is 10 seconds shorter than Petfon1, which makes the tracking quicker and more accurate.
- comes in a variety of stylish colors
- no subscription required
- The battery life of up to 12 days
- best for larger cats
- only works in the US
Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Monitoring, Tracking, and Locating System
Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO gives you the most accurate tracking information on the market. You attach the collar to your pet, and you will use a tracker to effectively monitor your pet.
The durable and waterproof device is perfect for the most active of pets. This means you should definitely pack it when you go camping! It fits on any collar over 7 inches.
You will find out in 80 seconds if your pet manages to escape your home. You can search for your pet outdoors and indoors up to 2 inches, so you’ll definitely going to find them!
- Works anywhere, totally self-contained, no GPS or cell network required, no monthly service contracts, ideal for traveling with your pets
- Simple to setup and use, single button-push to begin searching for lost pets with real-time distance and direction feedback
- Includes everything needed for 1-pet, may be expanded to handle up to three pets with purchase of additional tracking tags (sold separately)
- Tracking Tags are designed for prolonged swimming, are light enough for cats and rugged enough for the most active dogs
- Rechargeable battery on pet’s collar lasts up to 6 weeks while being continuously monitored
- use it anywhere
- no need for GPS or cell service
- The battery lasts up to 6 weeks
- connect up to 3 additional pets
- no monthly fees
- only tracks up to 200 feet
TabCat Pet Tracking
The TabCat is the perfect accessory to keep tabs on your mischievous cat. All you have to do is attach the tracker to your cat’s collar.
It uses RF-based technology to lead you to your cat within one inch as long as they’re within 400 feet. Just follow the lights and sounds to find your cat.
The device comes with four trackers, and you can buy an additional two if necessary. This is perfect for us proud cat ladies.
There’s also a tracking button that causes a quick beep, helping you train your cats to come home or stay away from places they shouldn’t go.
- EXPERIENCE AMERICA'S #1 PET TRACKER - Easily locate your pet within 1-inch by using the most accurate pet tracking device which features state-of-the-art RF-based technology.
- MORE ACCURATE THAN PET GPS TRACKERS - Our unique proprietary RF-based directional cat and dog tracker technology is significantly more accurate than any GPS pet tracker available on the market.
- NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES - Our pet tracker does not require costly monthly subscription fees like a GPS pet tracker does, which adds up over time. Just a one-time cost of our pet locator provides a lifetime of peace of mind.
- HIGHEST QUALITY AND AWARD-WINNING TECHNOLOGY - Our state-of-the-art RF pet locator technology has won numerous awards and is not only the ultimate pet locator, but it can also help you locate other valuables.
- 100% MONEY BACK-GUARANTEED - We stand behind our technology. If for whatever reason you are unhappy with the performance of our amazing pet tracker, you will receive 100% of your money back.
- lightweight at only 6 grams
- no subscriptions
- long-lasting CR2032 battery
- only tracks up to 400 feet
- not waterproof
Tractive Waterproof GPS Cat Tracker – Location & Activity,
This Pet Tracker will keep track of your cat using GPS technology. As soon as your cat gets out of range, you will be alerted.
Follow your furry friend’s every step in real-time on your phone. See where your cat has been and what they have been up to.
SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NEEDED – Monthly, 1,2 and 5-year plans are available starting at $4.99 per month. Try risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The tracker is small and cute, so you know your cat will still look stylish while wearing it.
- SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NEEDED - Monthly, 1 year, 2 year and 5 year plans available starting at $4.99 per month. Try risk free with a 30 day money back guarantee.
- LIVE TRACKING & LOCATION HISTORY - Follow your furry friend's every step in real-time on your phone. See where your cat has been and what they've been up to.
- DESIGNED FOR CATS & 100% WATERPROOF - Rain, shrubs and trees are no problem for Tractive. Best for medium-sized cats or larger (9lb +)
- VIRTUAL FENCE - Mark safe spaces, like your garden, and know the moment your cat leaves one - and when they come back safely.
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY MONITORING - Track active time, rest and calories burned. Set fitness goals. Keep your cat in great shape with Tractive GPS for cats.
- no subscription
- GPS technology
- only track one cat
- The 4-day battery is on standby mode
Gibi 2nd Generation Pet GPS Tracker
The 2nd generation Gibi Pet GPS Tracker gives you everything great about the first version and gives you a better battery and more accurate readings.
This device gives you the option to give multiple areas that you know are safe for your cat. You’ll receive notifications when your cat gets out of those zones. You can track them right away in real-time on your phone or computer.
Subscriptions are as low as $9.99/ month. The device is small and lightweight. It uses several cellular networks to ensure that your pet is covered wherever it might be.
- Gibi keeps track of your pet 24/7 to make finding lost or missing pets quick and easy.Gibi Pet GPS Trackers are compact, lightweight, and IP-67 WATERPROOF. Gibi provides the most expansive coverage, sharpest accuracy, unlimited range, and are durable and reliable. Gibi is better than microchips. Microchips cannot track pets like Gibi. Microchips are just dog tags under a pet's skin. Get Gibi to keep your pet safe!
- Create multiple safe zones in any polygon, small or large. We monitor your pet's location and the safe zones, then alert you via text/email when your pet is in/out of their safe zone. Then you can see where your pet is located on Google Maps. Gibi sure makes finding missing or wandering pets quick and easy.
- Long battery life. Get low battery alerts in plenty of time to recharge your pet’s Gibi. Gibi trackers charge in 2 hours. Get fully charged alerts as a reminder to put the Gibi tracker back on your pet.
- Gibi app is accessible using mobile (iOS and Android) and web formats. Compatible with all smartphones. Shows Google Maps in map and satellite formats. Requires Internet access on your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Requires Gibi account registration, agreement to Gibi terms of service, and subscription service at your choice of $9.99/month or $99/year. Keep track of your pet 24/7 for just $99 a year. That's just 25𝇍/day to keep your pet safe!.
- multiple networks always keep track of your pet
- subscription required
- The battery only lasts 2 days
Things to Consider When You Buy a Cat Tracker
A cat tracker can give you peace of mind, but you need to pick the best one to suit your needs. When deciding which tracker to buy, consider these questions:
How long of a tracking distance do you need?
If you only need to track your animal in a small area, RF technology should be sufficient. However, if you take your cat outside, you may want to consider a tracker with GPS or cellular technology.
How much does your cat weigh?
Make sure that the tracker you choose isn’t too big for your cat or kitten. Some trackers may be better suited for larger cats. Double-check the specs to ensure you can use your product.
How many cats do you need to track?
People with multiple cats should look into options with multiple trackers. Some options allow you to track up to six cats.
What is your budget?
If you are on a tight budget, you might want to try one of the more inexpensive options with no subscription required.
Cats tend to disappear, and we understand that you, like any cat owner, want to keep track of your cats. With a new tracker, you can search for your furry friends if you lose them and keep them safe.
If your cat gets outside when they’re not supposed to, you may even be able to locate them before they get too far. It’s something that every cat owner simply has to own.